Frontier Airlines Dog Travel Policy
Denver-based Frontier Airlines is a significant ultra-low-cost airline. The subsidiary and operating logo of Indigo Partners, LLC has a hub in Denver International Airport with multiple U.S. hubs. People with emotional or mental problems benefit greatly from help dogs, sometimes called emotional assistance animals. A trained animal helps its owner deal with everyday life by comforting and supporting them. Over the last several years, more aircraft have emotional support animals like dogs. Several airlines have regulations regarding these animals to guarantee passenger comfort and safety. Frontier Airlines is one.
Frontier Airlines has these support dog policies:
- Support dogs may fly with documented people on Frontier Airlines.
- Frontier Airlines, Support Dog policy requires public behaviour training.
- A qualified mental health professional must write a support dog letter for the passenger.
- However, Frontier Airlines does not allow support for pets or birds.
- Frontier Airlines Support Dog policy only accepts dogs.
- Support dogs are allowed to one per passenger.
- Frontier Airlines recommends notifying passengers of their assistance dog intentions at least 48 hours before.
- Frontier Airlines tries to accommodate support dog owners, but they must take care of them.
For more information about Frontier Airlines Support Dog Policy, call Frontier Airlines customer service at +1-888-660-0563 Or (801) 401-9000. Frontier Airlines will assign you an agent who will help you.
Traveling with Support dog on Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines has some rules to follow if you are flying with a service dog for the first time. Traveling with a certified service animal now requires the following rules:
- In the cabin of Frontier flights, only service animals will be allowed.
- Frontier accepts service dogs that have completed their training.
- The maximum number of service animals a passenger may bring on a Frontier flight is two.
- Frontier doesn't accept comfort animals or non-task-trained animals as service animals.
- Frontier will not accept service animals in training.
- A service animal under four months of age will not be allowed.
- Only 1 pet per person is allowed.
Frontier Airlines Required Documentation for Support Dog
The following documents are required if you plan to travel with your pet with Frontier Airlines:
- Health certificate required: Must be from a licensed vet within 10 days of travel. The certificate should confirm your pet's health and vaccination status. Within 10 days of departure, the health certificate must include the following:
- Pet's breed, age, sex, colour, and markings.
- Owner's contact information: name, address, and phone number.
- Exam date.
- Pet vaccination history: vaccine type, administration date, and expiration date.
- The vet's info and signature were on the exam.
- Pet vaccinations must be current.
- Frontier Airlines requires proof of pet seat reservation.
- Use a collar with tags or a microchip for pet identification.
- Additional documentation may be required for your destination, such as import permits, health certificates, and quarantine certificates. Check destination requirements before traveling.
Frontier Airlines Support Dog Fee
Bring your pet on Frontier Airlines for $99 each way. The roundtrip cost is $198. Frontier Airlines only accepts small pets in the cabin: dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, and small household birds. Additionally, dogs must be in a carrier that fits beneath the seat before you. Frontier Airlines also transports larger pets in cargo. Each way, this service costs $199.
Frontier Airlines Cabin Policy for Support Dog
Frontier Airlines ESA and pet policy carriers must meet specific requirements. The carrier should be big enough for your pet to lie, stand, and turn. The carrier can be 18 inches long, 14 inches broad, and 8 inches tall. Carriers that exceed the maximum dimensions of 18" in length, 14" in width, and 8" in height will not be allowed on the flight. The reason for this requirement is that the carrier must be able to fit under the seat in front of you.
Due to this reason, sitting in the first row or the exit row is not permitted. Frontier Airlines' policy regarding emotional support animals (ESAs) permits them to be either placed under the seat or held on your lap. Dog on lap must not block the aisle or seats.
Details Frontier Airlines Emotional Support Dog policy
- Only dogs or cats are ESAs. ESAs must be in carriers or on a leash. One ESA per passenger only. ESAs must be trained and controlled around other passengers.
- Owners of ESAs must sign and submit a Frontier Medical/Mental Health Professional Form and an Animal Behaviour Acknowledgement Form to Frontier at least 48 hours before their flight departure.
How strict is Frontier with pets?
Frontier Airlines is one of the most pet-friendly airlines. They let small dogs and cats fly in-cabin with their owners under specific conditions. The airline restricts carrier size and weight and allows a certain number of dogs per person. Since each aircraft allows a limited number of pets, please reserve your pet before traveling. Bringing your pet on board incurs a cost, which may fluctuate.
Can I fly with my dog on Frontier?
Frontier Airlines allows dogs. Frontier cabins allow pets for a charge. It would help if you obeyed certain limits and conditions:
- Your dog must fit in a bag beneath the seat before you. Airline must be well-ventilated and safe.
- Your dog must also be eight weeks old and vaccinated.
- Because each flight allows a limited number of dogs, you must reserve your dog in advance.
How much does it cost to bring a dog on Frontier Airlines?
Frontier Airlines allows dogs to fly as cabin carry-ons for $99 roundtrip. Each traveler may bring one pet. The pet carrier should fit beneath the seat before them. If your dog is too large for the cabin, fly it as a checked pet in the cargo hold. For this $199 roundtrip service, you must provide a pet container that meets the airline's size and security criteria. Some animals cannot travel in the cabin or as checked pets due to breed limitations.
Do any airlines let you fly with a dog?
You can bring a dog on Frontier Airlines on domestic and international flights. The Dominican Republic and Mexico only allow dogs and cats on international flights. Frontier Airlines' pet fee is $99 each way.
Frontier Airlines lets disabled people bring their assistance dogs in the cabin. Support dogs help people with physical, mental, or emotional problems. Support dogs offer serenity and enjoyment to travel, improving the experience for everyone. Frontier Airlines allows emotional dogs on flights, making air travel more accessible and inclusive. This guide helps you travel with your pet in every manner.
Also Read - Frontier Airlines Pet Policy