Frontier Airlines Pet Policy
Frontier Airlines operates low-cost flights in the U.S. Frontier Airlines, founded in 1994, offers low rates and few facilities. Frontier serves over 100 US, Canadian, Mexican, and Caribbean destinations. Frontier provides Basic Economy, Standard, and Works fares, letting travelers choose their comfort and add-ons. Frontier Airlines is expanding swiftly and increasing in popularity among budget travelers. Frontier remains a popular pet-friendly airline due to its cost and expanding route network. This article covers Frontier Airlines' pet policy for carry-on and checked baggage. Below is the Frontier Airlines Pet Policy:
- Frontier Airlines allows small pets to travel in the cabin with their owners.
- Frontier Airlines only allows one pet per passenger.
- The cost of bringing a pet on board is $99 each way.
- Pets must always remain in their carriers and cannot be taken out during the flight.
- Only cats and dogs are allowed as cabin pets, with some breed restrictions.
- The pet carrier must fit comfortably under the seat before you.
- Pets must be at least eight weeks old to travel on Frontier Airlines.
For more information about Frontier Airlines Pet Policy, call Frontier Airlines customer service at +1-888-660-0563 or (801) 401-9000. Frontier Airlines will assign you an agent who will help you.
Frontier Airlines Pet Carrier Requirements
- Pet carriers brought on Frontier Airlines flights must fit under the seat in front of you.
- In accordance with Frontier's pet policy, pet carriers must not exceed 18 inches long, 14 inches wide, and 8 inches high.
- Your pet carrier must fit within these dimensions. If it does not, Frontier will assign you a seat that does.
- Pets must be able to stand, turn around, and lie down naturally on board Frontier. This is while the pet is in its carrier.
- So, consider this when choosing an onboard pet carrier. Although not required, Frontier recommends a soft-sided carrier.
Frontier Airlines Emotional Support Animal Policy
According to Frontier Airlines' ESA policy, passengers with emotional support animals are not required to call ahead to confirm their flight. Service or emotional support animals cannot be registered online, so you should still call and confirm your ESA with Frontier Airlines. Frontier Airlines limits a single passenger with a disability to two service dogs. Public behavior must also be appropriate for a service dog. The airline can deny entry to service animals that behave disruptively.
The following are examples of prohibited behavior:
- A dog that barks, growls, or whines excessively
- Biting or lunging
- Cabin waste elimination
Frontier Airlines Guidelines to Travel with Service Animals
Frontier Airlines has some rules to follow if you are flying with a service dog for the first time. Traveling with a certified service animal now requires the following rules:
- In the cabin of Frontier flights, only service animals will be allowed.
- Frontier accepts service dogs that have completed their training.
- The maximum number of service animals a passenger may bring on a Frontier flight is two.
- Frontier does not accept comfort animals, companion animals, or any other non-task-trained animals as service animals.
- Frontier will not accept service animals in training.
- A service animal under four months of age will not be allowed.
- Only 1 pet per person is allowed.
Frontier Airlines Pet Fee and Document Requirements
Bringing your pet into the cabin with Frontier Airlines costs $99 one-way. Pets are allowed in the cabin, but only one pet is allowed per passenger.
The following documents are required if you plan to travel with your pet with Frontier Airlines:
- Health certificate: A health certificate from a licensed veterinarian dated within 10 days of travel will be required. The certificate should state that your pet is healthy, free of infectious diseases, and up-to-date on all vaccinations. Within 10 days of departure, the health certificate must include the following information:
- Breed, age, sex, color, and markings of the pet
- Name, address, and phone number of the owner
- The examination date
- Vaccination history of your pet, including type of vaccine, date of administration, and expiration date
- The veterinarian's name, license number, and signature performed the exam.
- Vaccination records: Vaccinations for your pet must be up-to-date.
- Confirmation of the reservation: Frontier Airlines requires proof that you have reserved your pet's seat in-cabin with you.
- Identification for your pet: A collar with tags or a microchip can be used to identify your pet.
- Additional documentation: Your destination may require additional documentation, such as import permits, health certificates, and quarantine certificates. Be sure to check the specific requirements for your destination before traveling.
Frontier Airlines in Cabin Pet Policy
Pets in cabins
- U.S. flights-and international flights from/to Mexico and the Dominican Republic- accept only domesticated cats, dogs, hamsters, small household birds, rabbits, and guinea pigs.
- International flights accept domesticated dogs and cats.
How much do Frontier Airlines charge for pets?
Bring your pet on Frontier Airlines for $99 each way. The roundtrip cost is $198. Frontier Airlines only accepts small pets in the cabin: dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, and small household birds. Additionally, dogs must be in a carrier that fits beneath the seat before you. Frontier Airlines also transports larger pets in cargo. Each way, this service costs $199.
How strict is Frontier with pets?
Frontier Airlines does not allow pets as baggage. A pet's travel container should be large enough to stand, turn, and lie down. It would help if you also fit the carrier under the front seat. Flights accept a limited number of dogs. In ahead, reserve your pet. A 15-year-old adult passenger must accompany them. The Frontier pet policy is rigorous. Before booking a pet-friendly flight, check their rules.
Can you bring a dog to Frontier?
You can bring a dog on Frontier Airlines on domestic and international flights. The Dominican Republic and Mexico only allow dogs and cats on international flights. Frontier Airlines' pet fee is $99 each way.
How do you travel with a dog on a plane Frontier?
Air travel with a dog can be difficult, especially on Frontier Airlines. What to know while flying with a dog on a Frontier plane:
1. Check Frontier's Pet Policy: Frontier Airlines has specific guidelines for traveling with pets. Read and understand the policy before booking your ticket.
2. Size and Weight Restrictions: A small dog traveling in an approved carrier that can be stowed beneath the seat may travel in the cabin with its owner on Frontier Airlines.
3. Preparing for Security Screening: Dogs also undergo security screening like humans.
4. Proper Documentation: Ensure you have all the necessary documentation for your dog.
5. Comfort and Safety: Your dog's comfort and safety should be a priority during the journey.
Frontier Airlines' pet policy provides a convenient and safe way for pet owners to travel with their beloved companions. Just make sure to follow all the guidelines and prepare your pet accordingly for a stress-free journey.
Also Read : SkyWest Airlines Pet Policy