United Airlines Pet Policy
Chicago-based United Airlines is one of the world's major airlines. United Airlines serves approximately 370 destinations with over 800 aircraft. The airline, established in 1926, is a major aviation player. United Airlines provides several amenities to make travel pleasant. United Airlines offers economy, business, and first-class to suit different travel styles and budgets. United Airlines has implemented a new staff training program to promote customer service and transparency.
United Airlines has a pet policy for passengers who want to travel with their pets. Here are some essential details about United Airlines' pet policy:
- United Airlines accepts carry-on pets such as small dogs, cats, rabbits, and birds.
- The pet must fit comfortably in a kennel or container beneath the passenger seat.
- The pet and carrier should weigh no more than 18 pounds.
- United Airlines charges for pet-checked luggage in the cargo hold.
- Snub-nosed dogs and cats cannot be carried on.
- The traveller must have a health certificate for their pet and follow all health and immunisation regulations.
- United Airlines' website has pet travel rules for foreign travel.
- For more information about United Airlines Pet Policy, call United Airlines customer service at +1-888-660-0563 or (800) 864-8331. Frontier Airlines will assign you an agent who will help you.
United Airlines Pet Carrier Requirements
Pet carriers with hard sides and soft sides are allowed under the United pet policy. Carriers with hard sides must be no larger than 17.5" x 12" x 7.5". United recommends carriers to be 18x11x11 inches. Soft-sided pet carriers must fit under the seat in front of you. Hard-sided carriers must also fit underneath.
In each pet carrier, United allows only one pet. Additionally, United Pet policy requires that the animal can stand up and turn around in its carrier.
United Airlines Emotional Support Animal Policy
Emotional support animals are no longer allowed under the United ESA policy. The decision was influenced by several factors, including the cost of accepting so many emotional support animals on United Airlines flights in the past, the comfort of their other passengers on their flights, and the number of pet owners who have abused the ESA classification to transport their pets cheaply.
The proper paperwork, including a PSD letter, is still required for psychiatric service dogs. Use Pettable's quick and easy process to obtain a PSD letter.
Guidelines for Travelling with Service Pets on United Airlines
As long as the dog performs tasks for a person with a disability, United Airlines welcomes service dogs in its cabins. United Airlines defines service animals as animals trained to help qualified people with disabilities. A disability can be psychiatric, intellectual, or physical.
A person with a service dog may travel with up to two animals. To travel within the airline cabin, service animals must be dogs over four months old.
United Airlines Tips for Flying with a Service Dog
- Make sure your dog qualifies and is trained to assist you.
- Please complete the required documents for your service animal(s).
- Please submit your documents to United Airlines at least 48 hours in advance.
- Provide your completed documents at the airport if you booked your flight within 48 hours of departure.
United Airlines Pet Fee and Document Requirements
Pets are allowed in United Airlines' cabins for a fee of $125. Flights with longer stopovers are subject to an additional service charge of $125. Pet fees are paid at the reservation counter during check-in.
Below are some of the documents you have to submit before flying with your pet in United Airlines:
- Scan a copy of your emotional support animal's health certificate.
- Before travelling, the certificate should be signed by a licensed veterinarian.
- A scanned copy of the signed and dated customer acknowledgment form.
- The pet owners agree to adhere to all United Airlines pet travel requirements and rules.
- United Airlines has breed restrictions, so you must provide a picture of your pet to verify its breed.
- Verify the size of your pet's crate with a photo.
- It should ensure it follows all United Airlines pet crate requirements.
- All sides of the crate should be visible in the photo.
United Airlines in Cabin Pet policy
- Pets are not allowed in the cabin on certain flights. Destinations include Hawaii, Panama, Tahiti, South Africa, New Zealand, Trinidad, and Tobago.
- United Airlines allows four pets per flight in the cabin.
- Pet owners cannot occupy exit rows, bulkheads, or premium plus seats with their pets. It is also necessary to take the window seat on a Boeing 757-200 since it has more space under the seat.
- Birds can travel in two carriers, but other pets can only travel in one carrier.
- Pet carriers must always contain the pet.
- The pet owner must also be an adult.
How much does United charge for pets?
Pets in the cabin cost $125 for each trip on United Airlines. Pets too big to fit in a container beneath the seat cost $175 each trip. United's PetSafe service transports pets as cargo, with costs varied by weight, size, and aircraft origin and destination. Domestic PetSafe prices start at $275, and foreign costs may reach several hundred dollars. Breed, temperature, and health documentation requirements apply to pet travel on United.
Is United strict on pet policy?
United Airlines has a strict pet policy for passenger safety and comfort. Domesticated cats, dogs, bunnies, and birds may fly in the cabin or as checked luggage on United, depending on size and weight. Flying is restricted for aggressive dog breeds. Before travelling, pet owners must check their dogs' health and immunizations. United demands appropriate paperwork at check-in, including a veterinarian's health certificate.
Can I buy a seat for my dog on United?
Dogs are allowed on United Airlines for a charge. No pets are permitted in the seat. Instead, please keep them in an authorised carrier that fits beneath the front seat. United has carrier size and type restrictions, so check them before travelling.
Can I take a 25 lb dog on a plane?
A 25-pound dog can fly with you. You must be aware of certain rules and limits. The first step is to contact your airline. Airlines have varied pet travel policies. Dogs are allowed on United Airlines.
United Airlines permits dogs, but there are limits. Review these regulations to ensure a seamless pet-friendly trip. Safe Travels!
Also Read : United Airlines Baggage Policy