Allegiant Airlines Dog Travel Policy
Allegiant Air is an ultra-low-cost U.S. carrier that operates scheduled and charter flights. The corporate headquarters of Allegiant Air is in Summerlin, Nevada, a suburb of Las Vegas, Nevada. If you are scheduling your trip with Allegiant Airlines and want to take your pet, read Allegiant Airlines Support Dog Policy before planning your travel. To know more about the policies, please read the points mentioned below so that you can travel with your pet hassle-free:
- You can only carry dogs and cats in Allegiant Airlines if they fit within the required carrier under the airline's guidelines.
- The dimensions of your carrier must be 9 x 16 x 19, and make sure your pet carrier is FAA-approved.
- Your pet must be movable inside the carrier. Your carrier must fit under the seat in front of you.
- The carrier must be adequately ventilated and leakproof, and the pet must remain inside.
- Your pet must be 12 months older to travel with you. And the passenger traveling with the pet must be above 15 years of age.
- Please make a reservation for your pet in advance. To make your reservation, contact the airline's reservation center at 702-505-8888, and they will help you with the rest of the process.
Need assistance related to the airlines? Or about Allegiant Airlines Support Dog Policy? You can feel free to contact Allegiant Airlines customer support at +1-888-660-0563 or (702) 505-8888, and they will do their best to guide you through.
Allegiant Airlines Support Dog Carrier Requirements
When traveling with your pet, you must be aware of the pet carrier standards that airlines accept. The carrier must be 9 "H x 16" W x 19 "D, according to Allegiant Airlines Support Dog Policy. Pets must be transported in a kennel or travel container that allows the animal to spin entirely around without contacting the kennel's top. The bottom of the kennel must be lined with absorbent material. Throughout the trip, food and water must be supplied for the pet. Inside the kennel entrance, food and water dispensers should be put.
Allegiant Airlines Emotional Support Dog Policy
- In place of the Allegiant Mental Health Professional Form, a fully compliant letter from a mental health professional or medical practitioner treating a mental or emotional handicap will be acceptable.
- To be completely compliant, the letter must include the same or similar information from the mental health professional as required by Form 2 below.
- Allegiant carries domestic dogs, cats, and miniature horses, except for pit bulls and pit bull-type animals, which are prohibited on Allegiant flights.
- Allegiant advises carrying emotional support or mental assistance animals in a soft-sided leakproof container that fits beneath the seat. The carrier's dimensions must not exceed 9 "H x 16" W x 19 "D.
- No more than one emotional support or mental service animal is permitted per person.
Guidelines for Traveling with Service Dog on Allegiant Airlines
When flying Allegiant Airlines with a service dog, you should:
- Please notify Allegiant ahead of time.
- Carry proof that your dog is a service animal.
- Make certain that your dog is well-behaved.
- Maintain a leash or harness on your dog.
- Allow for additional time for security processing.
- Understand the airline's seat and space rules.
- Carry all of your dog's necessities.
- At airports, use designated relief zones.
Need assistance related to the airlines? Or about Allegiant Airlines Support Dog Policy? You can contact Allegiant Airlines customer support at +1-888-660-0563 or (702) 505-8888, and they will do their best to guide you through.
Allegiant Airlines Support Dog Fee and Document Requirements
A traveler may bring a pet and either a personal item or a paid carry-on, but not both. The extra item will be checked and carried in the cargo area; check costs will apply. Yes, there is a $50.00 non-refundable cost for traveling with your pet each way.
Regarding paperwork, Allegiant Airlines may have asked service dog passengers to offer convincing verbal assurance that the dog is a support animal. Specific paperwork needs, however, might differ, and it's best to verify their current rules for any revisions or adjustments. Read Allegiant Airlines' Support Dog Policy before planning your travel with the airline.
Allegiant Airlines in Cabin Dog policy
- Allegiant Airlines will only transport dogs and cats if they fit inside the airline's carrier requirements.
- The dimensions of your pet container must be 9 x 16 x 19, and it must be FAA-certified.
- Your pet must be able to move around inside the carrier. Your carrier must fit beneath the seat in front of you.
- The pet must remain within the carrier, which must be suitably ventilated and leakproof.
- To travel with you, your pet must be at least 12 months old. In addition, the passenger traveling with the pet must be at least 15 years old.
- Please make a prior reservation for your pet. Contact the airline's reservation center at +1-888-660-0563 or (702) 505-8888 to make your reservation, and they will assist you.
Read Allegiant Airlines' Support Dog Policy before planning your travel with the airline. For further information, don't hesitate to get in touch with the airlines' customer support at +1-888-660-0563 or (702) 505-8888, and they will be glad to assist you.
How strict is Allegiant with pets?
If you are scheduling your trip with Allegiant Airlines and want to take your pet with you, then make sure you read Allegiant Airlines Support Dog Policy provided by the airline on their official website, as Allegiant Airlines is very strict with their policies. Ensure your pet's carrier follows the proper dimensions provided by the airlines, and it must fit under the seat in front of you. If the pet and the page in which you are carrying it do not fit under the Terms and conditions of the airlines, then the airlines have all the rights to shift your pet to cargo, and you must pay for the charges.
Will emotional support dogs be allowed on planes?
Some airlines allow emotional support dogs on planes only if you have bought the ticket for your pet. You must follow the airlines' guidelines as you book a ticket for your pet, and please check with the airlines beforehand if there is availability for your pet on the plane or not. Please read all the terms and conditions provided by the airlines on their official websites.
Does Allegiant allow dogs on board?
Yes, Allegiant allows dogs on board. You can carry your pet with you while boarding, but make sure you read the Allegiant Airlines Support Dog Policy before you book your flight with the airline. Your pet must fit in the carrier the FAA approves and under the seat in front of you. If you do not follow the airlines' policies, then the airlines have all the right not to allow your pet on board, and your pet will be shifted to the cargo, and you must pay for that.
Does Allegiant allow therapy dogs?
Yes, Allegiant Airlines allows therapy dogs on board, but you must pay the fees for that. Before, you could take your emotional support and therapy pets for free. Still, the customers took advantage of that and started carrying peacocks and other big animals as their emotional support animals. The airlines decided to start chagrin for the pets, and now the airlines only allow dogs and cats on board, and the pet must fit inside the carrier, as mentioned earlier, if you want a hassle-free trip with your pet.
Before planning your travel with the airline, make sure you read all the terms and conditions mentioned on the airline's official website, and while booking your flight with your pet, make sure you read the Allegiant Airlines Support Dog Policy. If you need any further assistance related to the airlines, then you can contact their customer support, and they will do their best to assist you.
Have a safe flight
Also Read: Hawaiian Airlines Support Dog Policy