United Airlines Pet Cargo Policy
The world's biggest and most famous airline is United. With headquarters in Chicago, it maintains a huge local and international airline network. United Airlines' Pet Cargo Policy and other transportation firms' policies should be considered before travelling with pets. United Airlines restricts transporting pets in aeroplane cargo holds and other vehicles. Pet Cargo is allowed on United Airlines. Learn about United Airlines' pet cargo policy:
1. United Airlines lets dogs fly in the cargo hold.
2. Only dogs, cats, and housebirds may be cargo.
3. The pet must be 8 weeks old and weaned before leaving.
4. Airlines require pets to travel in kennels with certain dimensions and ventilation.
5. The kennel must have adequate room for the pet to stand, turn, and lay.
6. United Airlines prohibits brachycephalic (short-nosed) and overheated dog breeds.
7. The owner must ensure the kennel is secure and the pet has adequate food and water throughout the trip.
For more information about United Airlines Pet Cargo Policy, call United Airlines customer service at +1-888-660-0563 or (800) 864-8331. United Airlines will assign you an agent who will help you.
Does United allow pets as cargo?
Yes, United Airlines accepts dogs as cargo. United PetSafe ensures pets' safe and pleasant transit. This service lets United fly pets as cargo. However, pet owners must follow specific rules.
- Transportable pets must be 8 weeks old and weaned.
- United-compliant crates or kennels are also required.
- Certain dog and cat breeds and locations have temperature limits with United.
How much does United charge for pets?
United Airlines charges a fee of $125 each way for small pets in the cabin. For pets travelling as cargo, the cost depends on the total weight and size of the crate. Prices range from $200 to $1000. These prices may vary according to the destination and the characteristics of the trip.
How strict is the United pet policy?
United Airlines has a severe pet policy. Travelling with a pet has certain rules.
- First, United Airlines only allows dogs on domestic US flights.
- Pets are limited on flights. Travelling pets must be at least 4 months old.
- United limits pet carrier size and weight to fit under the passenger seat.
Which airline is allowing pets in cargo?
Delta Air Lines allows pets to travel in the cargo hold on certain flights. Only some airlines allow pets to travel in aircraft.
Before travelling with your pet, it is essential to thoroughly research the United Airlines pet cargo policy or transportation company you plan to use. Understanding these policies and taking necessary precautions can help ensure a safe and comfortable journey for your beloved furry friends.
Also Read : SkyWest Airlines Pet Cargo Policy