United Airlines Infant Policy
United Airlines is a major American airline operating domestic and international flights. Established in 1926, United Airlines is one of the oldest airlines in the United States and has a rich history in the aviation industry. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, United Airlines serves over 340 destinations worldwide and has a large fleet of aircraft. Flying with an infant can be a frustrating experience, especially if you need clarification on the United Airlines infant policy. Here are the United Airlines Infant Policy you should read:
1. Passengers under two years may travel unaccompanied by paying any fares if flying with United Airlines.
2. For those who favor extra convenience, purchasing an additional ticket with a designated area for infants is available optionally.
3. Infants may embark on journeys with United Airlines immediately after they turn seven days old.
4. Airlines permit adult travelers to have one small bag accompanying their child under the umbrella term "carry-on luggage."
5. Offered free of charge by United Airlines on select intercontinental trips, baby bassinets cater to fussy infants.
6. Liquids like breast milk, formula, and baby food are allowed while passing flight security measures at restricted amounts and suitcases within airplane cabins.
For more information about United Airlines Infant Policy, call United Airlines customer service at (800) 864-8331 or +1-888-660-0563. United Airlines will assign you an agent who will help you.
United Airlines Lap Infant Policy
- As long as an adult travels with the infant, lap infants can fly domestically within the U.S. On international flights, a fee may apply depending on the destination and fare type.
- Each adult can only travel with one lap infant.
- United Airlines does not require you to purchase an additional seat for your lap infant.
- They will sit on your lap throughout the flight.
- You can bring and use an FAA-approved car seat onboard during the flight.
- Bassinets are also available on certain flights with United Airlines.
United Airlines Infant Baggage Allowance
United Airlines provides certain baggage allowances to infants under two traveling with accompanying adults to ensure a comfortable and convenient journey. United Airlines Infant Baggage Allowance is listed below.
- United Airlines allows one carry-on bag for infants. The bag should not exceed 9 inches by 14 inches by 22 inches (22 cm x 35 cm x 56 cm) and should easily fit under the seat in front of you.
- The carry-on bag may contain essential items such as diapers, baby food, formula, and any other items necessary for the flight.
- United Airlines permits one fully collapsible stroller or pushchair to be checked in free.
- The stroller will be tagged at the gate and available for pick-up at the aircraft door upon arrival at your destination.
- For infants traveling on international flights, United Airlines allows one checked bag weighing up to 50 pounds (23 kg) free of charge.
- This checked bag may have additional items, such as clothing, blankets, toys, or any other necessary items.
- Additional checked or overweight/oversized bags may incur additional fees.
Unaccompanied Children travelling alone on United Airlines
United Airlines understands the needs of young solo travelers. United Airlines has developed specific policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of unaccompanied children. United Airlines guidelines and requirements for children traveling alone are outlined below:
- Age and Assistance: Unaccompanied children between the ages of 5 and 14 are provided with assistance by United Airlines. Minors over 15 are not considered unaccompanied minors and do not need special arrangements to travel.
- Booking and Fees: When booking a flight for an unaccompanied child, it is important to inform the airline at the time of reservation. The fee varies depending on the itinerary and can be paid at the time of booking or at the airport.
- Check-In and Documentation: Arrive at the airport 90 minutes before departure on the day of travel. Parents or guardians must provide a government-issued photo ID and sign the unaccompanied minor form. This form contains important information about the child, such as emergency contacts and special instructions.
Documents required during travel with children/Infants
Planning a trip with children or infants requires all the necessary documents to ensure a hassle-free and smooth journey. When traveling with children or infants, you should have the following documents on hand:
- Every child should have a passport, regardless of their age. Passports should be valid for at least six months beyond the anticipated return date.
- Visa: Children may need a visa to enter certain countries. Before traveling, research the visa requirements of your destination and obtain the necessary visa for each child.
- Birth certificate: Especially for infants without passports, carry a copy of the child's birth certificate. Immigration authorities may require this document as proof of age and parentage.
- Medical Documents: A copy of the child's medical records, including vaccination certificates and prescriptions, is always a good idea.
General Guidelines to travel with infants in Frontier Airlines
Planning and preparing for travel with infants is an important part of the experience. Here, we provide essential information and recommendations to ensure your travel experience with Frontier Airlines is as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
1. Booking your flight:
- It is important to inform Frontier Airlines that you will travel with an infant when booking your flight. You and your child will then be able to make the necessary arrangements and be assigned appropriate seating.
- Frontier Airlines allows infants (18 years or older) to travel free on an adult's lap. If you prefer a separate seat for your baby, you can purchase a ticket at the applicable fare.
2. Carry-on baggage:
- In addition to their carry-on bag, parents traveling with infants are permitted to bring a diaper bag onboard.
- You should pack diapers, wipes, formula, baby food, extra clothing, and any other necessary items for your baby's comfort during the flight in the diaper bag.
3. Infant seating:
- On select aircraft, Frontier Airlines offers bulkhead seats with bassinets. The seats provide extra legroom and a bassinet attachment for your baby to sleep or rest during the flight. It is recommended to reserve these seats in advance since they are limited and subject to availability.
4. Safety considerations:
- Child restraint systems are strictly regulated by Frontier Airlines.
- A child restraint system attachment strap or lap belt should be used to secure the car seat or CARES harness to the aircraft seat.
Do babies need a birth certificate to fly United?
Yes, babies need a birth certificate to fly with United Airlines. Airlines require proof of age for all passengers, including infants. Domestic infant travel requires a legitimate form of ID; enter the baby's birth certificate. Passports or visas might become needed while traveling abroad; thus, they must be mentioned.
Does United charge for infants under 2?
Yes, United Airlines does not charge a fare for infants under. However, they do require that infants be held on an adult's lap for the duration of the flight. Alternatively, parents can purchase a seat for their infant and use an approved child restraint system. United also allows one free personal item and one diaper bag for infants traveling with a lap-held ticket.
What are the rules for flying with an infant?
If you're planning to fly with your little one, knowing the rules and regulations for infants on airplanes is important. Airlines generally permit infants to fly at seven days old, but it's advisable to verify with your airline for their specific rules. Infants typically fly for free under two and sit on a parent's lap during the flight.
Do infants get a free checked bag with United?
Infants and children are permitted one pushchair or car seat in addition to the standard United checked baggage allowance.
United Airlines has a convenient and accommodating policy for traveling with infants. To learn more about United Airlines Infant Policy, call United Airlines customer service. They will help you out in every situation. Stay safe.
Also read: How Can I get my United ticket on my phone