Allegiant Airlines Infant Policy
Allegiant Airlines, a low-cost American airline, serves over 120 domestic destinations. Las Vegas is the airline's headquarters, founded in 1997. Allegiant offers cheap flights to Las Vegas, Orlando, and Myrtle Beach for leisure travel. To make flying with a baby easier, know Allegiant Airlines' rules. Infant travel on Allegiant Airlines has age restrictions, ticketing requirements, and onboard accommodations. Allegiant Airlines has infant policies. The main points:
- When travelling with an infant, you can carry a diaper bag at no additional charge.
- The diaper bag can contain diapers, baby food, formula, and bottles.
- If you’re travelling with infants, bring a car seat at no extra cost.
- Allegiant Airlines also allows you to bring a stroller or a collapsible infant carrier on board, which will be gate-checked at no extra charge.
- If you bring a stroller, it must be collapsible and fit in the overhead bin or under the seat.
- Infants travelling on Allegiant Airlines are not required to have a ticket if they will be sitting on an adult's lap.
For more information about Allegiant Airlines Infant Policy, call Allegiant Airlines customer service at (702) 505-8888 or +1-888-660-0563. Allegiant Airlines will assign you an agent who will help you.
Allegiant Airlines Lap Infant Policy
Allegiant Airlines ensures a comfortable and safe journey for all passengers, including lap infants. In this policy, Allegiant outlines the guidelines and procedures for travelling with a lap infant. Here are some of them:
- There is no charge for infants travelling this way.
- It is important to note that only one lap infant is allowed per adult passenger.
- If there is more than one infant in a group, additional seats must be purchased for the extra infants.
- Infants travelling on the lap of an adult passenger are not entitled to a separate baggage allowance.
- They are only permitted one carry-on item, which can be a diaper bag or a small bag with baby essentials.
- Allegiant advises passengers travelling with lap infants to ensure they bring all necessary items to keep the child comfortable and occupied during the flight.
Allegiant Airlines Infant Baggage Allowance
- Allegiant Airlines does not offer a separate checked baggage allowance for infants travelling on the airline.
- A parent or guardian travelling with an infant, however, is permitted to bring certain essential items on board for free.
- In addition to their carry-on baggage allowance, parents or guardians are allowed to bring one small diaper bag onboard for infants travelling on their seats.
- Diapers, wipes, baby food, formula, and a change of clothes should be included in this diaper bag.
- The combined weight of the diaper bag and the carry-on baggage for the parent or guardian should not exceed the specified weight limit.
Unaccompanied Children travelling alone on Allegiant Airlines
- Allegiant Airlines considers unaccompanied children to be those between the ages of 15 and 17. They travel without a parent, legal guardian, or responsible adult at least 18 years old.
- Children under 15 are not permitted to travel alone on Allegiant Airlines and must be accompanied by someone meeting the above criteria.
- When booking a flight for an unaccompanied child, it is crucial to inform the airline at the time of reservation.
- Allegiant Airlines requires the completion of an Unaccompanied Minor Form, which can be found on their website or requested from their customer service department.
- It is recommended that the child arrives at the airport two hours before departure on the day of travel.
- Allegiant Airlines staff members will assist and supervise the child throughout the journey, ensuring their safety and comfort.
- Unaccompanied children are seated close to crew members so they can provide guidance and assistance if necessary.
Documents required during travel with children/Infants
Traveling with children has certain requirements. Depending on the age of the child, they can be even more challenging. Most airlines allow infants under two weeks old to board, but there are strict requirements. Parents are deemed to have boarded their infant if they:
- Provide a passenger medical form (a medical release for travel), signed by a physician, validating the infant's airworthiness.
- Provide a birth certificate for the child.
- They sit in the same cabin with the child and are 16 years or older.
General Guidelines to travel with infants in Allegiant Airlines
Allegiant Airlines has established guidelines to ensure a smooth and stress-free journey with your little one. To help you navigate the process, here are some general guidelines:
1. Booking and Documentation:
- Be sure to include your infant as a travelling companion when booking your flight.
- Be sure to carry all the necessary documents for your infant, such as a birth certificate or passport, depending on where you are going.
- Allegiant Airlines' website or customer service can provide information about the specific requirements for travelling with infants.
2. Baggage Allowance:
- Allegiant Airlines allows infants to carry a diaper bag, stroller, and car seat as carry-on baggage.
- Be sure that your carry-on bags comply with the airline's size and weight restrictions.
- For additional items, such as a playpen or baby carrier, check Allegiant Airlines' policy regarding checked baggage.
- Allegiant Airlines allows infants to travel free of charge on an adult's lap. At the applicable fare, you can purchase a separate seat for your infant if you prefer.
- Your infant's safety during the flight can be ensured by bringing an FAA-approved child restraint system, such as a car seat.
- Make sure you inform the airline in advance if you plan to bring a car seat, as some aircraft may have specific requirements.
4. Security and Boarding:
- Allow sufficient time for security procedures and boarding at the airport.
- Prepare to remove your infant from the carrier or stroller during the security screening process.
- For families with young children, Allegiant Airlines offers pre-boarding so that you can settle in comfortably before other passengers board.
Does Allegiant allow infants?
Baby seats are available on Allegiant flights. Before bringing an Infant on Allegiant Airlines, read the terms and conditions to avoid extra fees. They are listed below:
1. Infants must be 7–2 years old.
2. A responsible adult (18+) must accompany the infant.
3. Adult travellers can bring one infant.
4. The baby must sit on the adult's lap the whole flight.
5. Allegiant Airlines fees domestic and international infants.
6. Check-in may require a birth certificate or other government evidence of age.
7. Infants don't get a seat or baggage allowances.
What baby items can you check for free, Allegiant?
Allegiant Airlines allows free baby items. Baby strollers, car seats, portable play yards, and diaper bags. These items don't count toward a passenger's checked baggage allowance, so that you can bring them with your regular bags. Strollers and car seats must fold to fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. Other baby items, like cribs and high chairs, are usually checked baggage.
Does Allegiant charge for strollers?
Allegiant Airlines does require payment for strollers. They consider strollers and car seats as checked baggage, meaning they have a fee. The fee varies depending on whether you pay for it online during booking or if you pay at the airport. If you prepay for your stroller online, the fee is $18, while if you pay at the airport, the fee is $20. These fees are non-refundable.
How do I add an infant to Allegiant?
You must follow a few simple steps to add an infant to your Allegiant Air reservation.
- Visit the Allegiant Air website
- Log into your account.
- Once logged in, navigate to the "Manage Travel" section.
- Choose the reservation you want to add an infant to.
- Select the "Add a Lap Child" option.
- Please provide the required information for the infant, including their name and date of birth.
- Pay any applicable fees for adding the infant.
- Review your reservation to ensure the infant has been successfully added.
Allegiant Airlines has a convenient and accommodating policy for travelling with infants. To learn more about Allegiant Airlines Infant Policy, call Allegiant Airlines customer service.
Also read: Southwest Airlines Infant Policy