United Airlines Flight Change Policy
Chicago-based United Airlines serves the US. Founded in 1926, United Airlines is one of the largest airlines in the world, with flights to many countries and foreign countries. Many companies have flight change policies. Similarly, United has a flight change policy that allows passengers to change seats quickly.
Here is the United Airlines flight change policy you should read and plan your trip accordingly:
- Should your United Airlines flight cost more than the previous one, you may have to pay the difference.
- If your fare is cheaper, United will not refund or credit you.
- Low rates allow only certain changes.
- You must know United Airlines' rules and restrictions before changing your reservation.
- United Airlines cancels flights, but you can book a new flight, get credit, or get a refund.
For more information about United Airlines Flight Change Policy, call United Airlines customer service at +1-888-660-0563 or (800) 864-8331. United Airlines will assign you an agent who will help you.
Rules and Guidelines to change United Airlines Flight
- Check the fare rules: Review your ticket's fare rules before changing your United Airlines flight.
- Contact customer service: Contact United Airlines customer service by phone or online chat to discuss flight changes.
- Be flexible with your dates: Be flexible with your travel dates if your flight change is not an emergency.
- Domestic and international flights on United Airlines are subject to a change fee.
- Waived change fees: United Airlines has temporarily waived change fees on most domestic flights due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Check for alternative flights: United Airlines may have alternative flights more suitable for your needs when exploring flight changes.
- To change your United Airlines flight, check their website or mobile app.
United Airlines Flight Change 24-hour Policy
The 24-hour change policy allows passengers to change travel date/time/origin/destination within 24 hours from purchase. The following are important points to consider:
- United Airlines must operate the flight.
- United Airlines will not charge a change fee. However, there may be differences in fares.
- This regulation applies to all tickets except Basic Economy.
United Airlines Change Flight Online
Both paid and award tickets can be changed virtually the same way. You can access your UA account portal at united.com by clicking on 'My trips' under the menu.
- Enter the six-digit confirmation number and the passenger's last name to access your flight booking.
- You can change the flight segment by selecting it.
- After selecting the Change flight option, follow these steps:
- You can change the time or date of your trip.
- Your destination has changed.
- Flights can be added.
- A flight segment should be removed.
- To select another flight, select Continue.
- Your updated itinerary will be confirmed when you continue your booking.
- You will receive a confirmation email for the changed flight.
United Airlines Change Flight Offline
You can contact the United Airlines customer care service at +1-888-660-0563 or (800) 864-8331 for an easy and fast flight change or modifications to your United flight booking. Keep your United flight ticket booking confirmation number handy to tell the passenger's details to the representative.
United Airlines Flight Change fee
- Premier Gold, Premier Platinum, and Premier 1K members of United Airlines do not have to pay for same-day flight changes.
- For same-day flight changes, Premium Silver and MileagePlus members pay $75.
- Travel adjustments, including fare class changes, can be made up to 24 hours before flight departure on United Airlines. The difference between the revised United airfare and the last will be charged to you.
- The flight modification fee for a same-day flight adjustment can be delayed until you receive a replacement seat.
Does United do free flight changes?
Yes, United Airlines allows you to change flights for free under certain conditions. If you travel with an economy ticket, you must keep flights. If you buy an Economy, Premium Economy, Business or First Class ticket, you can change your flight for free up to 24 hours before departure.
How can I change my flight date for free?
Change your flight date for free or cheap with these methods:
Check airline policy: Airline policies allow free flight date changes.
Get travel insurance: Check your travel insurance for transfer dates. Some airlines offer travel insurance.
Check flight schedules: Airlines change them occasionally. In this case, they may offer free flight date changes.
Can I change my flight to a different date?
Yes, you can change the flight date. Most airlines allow flight changes with fees and restrictions. Asking about airline policy and costs is crucial. Certain airlines may adjust if your ticket is flexible or expensive. Date changes can increase costs, especially if the new flight is more expensive.
What is a change fee for airlines?
Changing flights with airlines costs money. This includes flight departure, arrival, and destination changes. Transfer fees cover changing travel plans and bookings. Ticket type and airline can greatly affect transfer fees. Some airlines charge transfer fees based on fare class or flight time. United charges $200–$400 for domestic flights and more for international flights, like other airlines.
With United Airlines' flight change policy, customers may quickly change their reservations. Before modifying the flight schedule, studying the pricing rules and any applicable taxes or charges is crucial.
Read more: American Airlines Flight Change Policy